- It turns out Tupac the Cat is a boy, not a girl. Obviously, this has changed everything and he is very confused.
- Don’t forget to enter for a free Spartan race entry by Friday.
- I started training at KQED this morning for an on-call job. This is very exciting, fyi. But, I do not know how people workout and make it to offices by hours like 8 a.m. I especially don’t know how they do this if they went to a comedy show last night and Dana Carvey made a surprise appearance and it went super late. I got about six hours of sleep and didn’t do anything this morning except get up, shower, and get in the car.
- At that comedy show, the woman taking tickets recognized me from hosting the local weekly news show, Seriously Now, on public access. I’m pretty much a celebrity.
- My sister is visiting through Saturday. We’re trying to come up with super awesome exciting things to do tomorrow.
- Yesterday, before Maggie got here, I did a track workout at the high school by my house — which, incidentally, is not the high school I coach at, it’s our rivals — and there was a PE class going on. Since it’s the last days of school, they were just goofing off and the teacher didn’t mind that I was running in the middle of their class. So, I talked to him a bit and then he started giving one of the kids a hard time, saying ‘When I was your age, I could run a 10-flat 100m. Can you do that?’ And the kid said, ‘Yeah, yeah, I could totally do that if I wanted to.’ Which, obviously, he couldn’t, because you know 10″ is quite fast for 100m. But, the teacher challenged him to do it then instead of just being all talk. So, we all watched the two kids, who were convinced they were super awesome, make it about 50m before completely losing steam. Ah well.
- These were the top five books about running I listed on Competitor — based on polling people, my own knowledge, reviews, popularity, impact, etc — but I’ve actually only read four of the five. Can you guess which one I haven’t read?
Part of the reason I’m in Phoenix is because my sister and I are trying out for this new NBC show with Bear Grylls, which will be a cross between Survivor and Amazing Race — but with Bear Grylls obviously.
We had our casting call yesterday, which was weird, and made our video today. I can’t really say a lot more right now. I certainly don’t want to screw it up or anything. But, stay tuned, obvs.