Week in the Life: Sunday

Well, this was an interesting experiment. Hope you got to see what a week looks like for me more or less, at least an easy(ish) week — though the workouts got tough again at the end. Already, this upcoming week is busier: in the office one day, filling-in part-time on social three days, three stories due, plus some other things in the works, and the podcast and newsletter. And then it’s off to camp the week after and we get into full-in triathlon season. So maybe I’ll come back in June when we’re in a really nutty time, though of course when things are busy you don’t have 30-45’/day to do this.

See: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

9:22 a.m. Get up. Tired. Eat a chocolate mint Clif bar and drink some Gatorade. Browse my phone to see if there’s anything that needs responding. Not really responding to stuff this weekend. Feed boys and empty their litter box. We empty dishwasher. Watch some TV. Take my time getting ready to run. Not excited.

10:54 a.m. Finally out the door running. Workout: jog down to high school track, 21 x 800 at 3:15/200 jog. Except for an emergency bathroom break and a gel, it is continuous. More or less. The 200 jog recoveries turn into shuffling by the end and I fall off pace the last five. But I finish and not *that* far off pace. Jog most of the way home so slowly, and then decide to walk the last three-quarters of a mile.

1:02 p.m. Start walking, cut across a baseball field to get water, get stuck behind a fence, can’t figure out how to get out, am wandering around in the sun dying trying to get home.

1:35 p.m. Finally get home. Steve makes me a recovery drink and I throw swim stuff in a bag. We go to the JCC.

2:00 p.m. Start recovery swimming. Everything hurts. I am sunburned too.

2:50 p.m. Done swimming and shower.

3:08 p.m. Drive back home.

3:23 p.m. Just need to sit down. Eat a Z-bar and some small Hershey’s chocolate eggs. So tired, so sunburned. Log workouts and blog. Watch TV.

4:10 p.m. Get up to put on real clothes. Steve’s parents come over.

4:25 p.m. We head down to the Black Bear Diner for dinner. Cornbread muffin, tri tip, green beans and mashed potatoes.

5:40 p.m. Done with dinner; they hang out at our house for a bit, play with the cats.

6:50 p.m. His parents head home and we try to finish up some stuff around the house. Fix the front door lock. Put away laundry and Steve puts some more laundry in. Hang it up. Clean up stuff from the day, put away bike that’s out and put some stuff in the garage, take out recycling and trash. Do a little work: make list of stuff due for this week and check calendar.

8:48 p.m. Drive down to the ice cream parlor before it closes at 9. Two scoops of cake batter and cookies and cream with Oreos and hot fudge.

9:20 p.m. Home, watch Silicon Valley and some reruns. Finish up work list. Sit.

11:00 p.m. Get ready for bed. We’re out of litter, so have to find the back-up litter.

11:20 p.m. Get in bed, read magazine.

11:42 p.m. Sleep

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s