Week in the Life: Friday

You can also see Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

8:07 a.m. Alarm goes off. Get up slowly. Emails and look at phone, respond to a thing or two and press publish. Cats. Set up bike in trainer and get trainer food/drink ready, so it’s all set to go when I get back from the pool. Eat my morning chocolate mint Clif bar.

9:12 a.m. Drive to JCC, definitely later than I intended to leave.

9:30 a.m. Start swimming. 3,600 yards. Many many 50s. Lots at a steady tempo, which sucks. Honestly, I find it harder to swim 50s on :45 than to swim 100s on 1:25, which makes no sense. Some sprint 50s at the end.

10:32 a.m. Out of the pool and throw on bike clothes and rush home.

10:49 a.m. Ride on the trainer. Bike workout is race simulation stuff: short and hard, then steady 70.3 pace, then all-out minutes. I drink a bottle of maybe 300 calories (I almost always go whatever light-ish mix we have in the cupboard) and eat a Clif chocolate chip Z-bar and margarita shot blocks. Watch Law and Order: SVU. In net: it’s a pretty hard workout between the swim and bike.

12:00 p.m. Off. Listen to the podcast while I put away my bike stuff and my swim stuff from earlier. Feed the cats.

12:39 p.m. Finally shower and put on clean clothes. Make food — throw Trader Joe’s polenta, couple veggie patties, and frozen vegetables in a pan. Eat some cheese while I’m making it. Eat lunch and do dishes.

1:20 p.m. Sit down at computer to do work. Primarily need to write a story about 401k loans; do some research. Also respond to a few emails and talk to radio editor about the edits and cuts from yesterday. Run through my list of due dates, invoices, and stories out.

2:25 p.m. Steve took the boys outside. When I go out to say hi, Snoop decides to run and hide, he thinks it’s funny when you chase him. We eventually find him sitting in the parking lot wondering where everyone went.

2:45 p.m. Sit back down. Write more of the article due. Eat some small Hershey’s chocolate eggs and Slack with editor.

3:55 p.m. Decide I need a break, so I walk down to the little market to buy beer and carrots and an avocado. I also buy these local organic bakery coffee cake bites. I eat three and talk to my mom on the phone.

4:48 p.m. Eat some Rustic Bakery crackers and sit down with an Eel River beer to finish the story. Write, get up regularly to wander around the house. Have another beer. It’s part of the process. Also, the cats rip the screen door out by running into it.

7:15 p.m. Done, send to editor. Decide I need to taste test some more eggs for that local egg guide story. Make some more scrambled eggs and take notes. Also cut some fancy cheese and eat that.

7:40 p.m. Sit down to log workouts. Eat a handful of Life cereal.

7:50 p.m. Make dinner. Make the last Plated meal: steak with potatoes, peppers and onions. Have a making dinner beer.

8:40 p.m. Eat dinner, glass of red wine.

9:12 p.m. Steve does most of the dishes while I have another glass of wine. I then finish them up while he showers, so we can go to the bar down the street.

9:50 p.m. We were going to go to the bar at the hotel at the end of the street. It’s closed. End up at BJ’s. Have another glass of wine and gaucamole and chips. We walk the mile home, after a stop at Safeway for a Reese’s egg.

11:52 p.m. Get home, play with the boys and get ready for bed.

12:25 a.m. Bed.

2 thoughts on “Week in the Life: Friday

Leave a Reply to amycchow Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s