A Week in the Life: Wednesday

Wednesday was actually a relatively normal day for me, moderately normal for my mid-week triathlon day. Though usually my mid-week triathlon day (there’s always one) actually has quite a bit more training in it. But what are ya gonna do.

Also I feel like somehow this was one of those days were time disappears in cleaning up after cats and picking up stuff, etc, etc, etc.

You can see what my Monday and Tuesday looked like too.

2:00 a.m. Still awake.

8:00 a.m. After dozing on and off, alarm goes off. Get up, get ready to ride, scan emails.

8:33 a.m. Walk out door to ride, but my bike computer won’t find my Powertap wheel, then it won’t find the wheel on Steve’s bike either. Something’s wrong with the computer, so I take Steve’s Garmin instead. Roll down the road and realize it synced with the other wheel inside the house. Can’t get it to recognize my wheel. Don’t really understand Steve’s computer. Eventually, give up and take other wheel out of Steve’s bike to go with his computer.

8:58 a.m. Finally start riding. 6-minute hill repeats. Not crazy, at 70.3 pace, though I build the last two to threshold. Ride out valley, up and down hill, and back.

10:49 a.m. Walk in door, say hi to cats, glance at emails, shower, change, throw swim stuff in a bag.

11:07 a.m. Drive to A.R.T. appointment.

11:17 a.m. A.R.T — niggling stuff all up and down back of left side.

11:40 a.m. Back in car, might as well return a pair of pants while near the mall, then drive to JCC.

12:00 p.m. Walk into the JCC, realize I’m hungry and eat half a Clif chocolate hazelnut nut butter-filled bar. Change into swimsuit and end up having to stand on deck for a few minutes waiting for a lane.

12:12 p.m. Start swimming. 3,300y, with the bulk as 8 x 300 paddles-pull buoy-band. Nothing crazy, descend them and recover. Two hard, one of which I manage to drop in 3:43 (crazy fast for me!)

1:06 p.m. Out of pool and rinse off and change again. Eat the rest of the nut butter-filled bar.

1:17 p.m. Drive home. Steve calls as I pull into our parking lot.

1:30 p.m. Walk in the house, feed the boys, sit down with the leftover steak quesadillas to finally answer some emails. Respond to a bunch of work things. Social the newsletter. Figure out if I can conference call Skype. Eat a handful of small Hershey’s chocolate eggs.

2:15 p.m. Call with Smash and Dimond peoples. I’m managing the Smash-Dimond women’s triathlon team again this year (pretty excited about it) and we needed to coordinate and organize.

2:42 p.m. Eat a Clif kids’ strawberry Z-fruit rope. It’s sort of like a healthy-ish fruit roll-up. Text Sara to see if she wants to get on Skype early. Put away swim stuff, log workouts, and get stuck spending a solid 25 minutes deleting Steve’s rides from Strava, which accidentally synced when I plugged his bike computer in to pull my ride off it. This is why auto-syncing is annoying.

3:22 p.m. Sara Skypes me. We plan and then record the podcast.

4:55 p.m. Off the phone, let the cats outside and go stand in the parking lot with Snoop while he hides under cars.

5:15 p.m. Make him come inside so I can get some work done. Eat a slice of cheese and some strawberries. Sit down at computer with an El Sully to do the edit I promised would be finished. Open it, get discouraged, send email to team instead.

5:50 p.m. Decide I should test some more eggs for other story. Make another set of scrambled eggs, take pictures and notes, eat.

6:05 p.m. OK, back at computer, edit radio story.

6:40 p.m. Steve gets home, get up from computer, talk, eat some Rustic Bakery crackers, finish my beer, run dishwasher.

7:15 p.m. Sit back down at computer and finish re-write/edit.

8:10 p.m. Make dinner. Decide to make another Plated meal, chicken-avocado burgers and green beans. Drink another El Sully while making dinner.

9:00 p.m. Eat. Burgers are really good.

9:25 p.m. Clean up while Steve puts in some laundry and finishes more work. But I have to unload dishwasher to do the new dishes. Ugh. And get mail.

10:10 p.m. My legs are tired. Sit down at computer just to mess around some, but Steve comes back with laundry and asks if I can hang it up. Hang up laundry.

10:23 p.m. Sit back down and Snoop falls asleep in my lap, so I watch TV.

10:36 p.m. Steve wants me to read the thing he’s been working on. I do, and then I get distracted looking at Spartan Race photos.

11:15 p.m. Get up to get ready for bed.

11:29 p.m. In bed.

11:50 p.m. Lights out.

4 thoughts on “A Week in the Life: Wednesday

  1. Hi Kelly, just wanted to say – really like the daily posts, interesting to read! Would be great if you could keep this up for a while so we can see your training/nutrition/resting routine and just normal daily stuff 🙂 All the best.
    Ben (UK)

Leave a Reply to Ben's Back Up Challenge Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s