Here are some things that happened this week:
- I got home from Bermuda at 1:30 a.m. Sunday night/Monday morning before working fill-in at the station on Monday
- I wrote four stories, and missed the deadline on another one
- I filled in half-time for an editor who’s in Thailand
- My head and stomach still hurt, which required a lot of sleeping
- Tupac had to go to the emergency vet for 24 hours
- Plus, I somehow trained 15.5 hours, so at least starting to get back to normal
It was quite a week.
Oh, also, I signed some real contracts with sponsors this week, almost like I’m a real professional athlete who’s really getting ready for a real season. It’s sort of exciting. In case you didn’t pick up from the social medias, of course I’m still going to be working with Smashfest Queen and Dimond Bikes. We all know once I find a bike I like I never give it up. And if you need any cute tri or cycling gear (or running stuff and tank tops) let me know, because I own them all. I’m also adding two companies I’m working with this year: Clif Bar, since I eat a stupid amount (like, maybe, actually a dumb amount) of chocolate mint Clif bars, and Xterra, since I wore all my favorite Xterra wetsuits into disintegration and then lent my incredibly old one to a friend and never got it back because they also loved it too much.
So I guess you could say the year is really getting started now. I’m having my usual ‘how the hell does this all fit into the same amount of time’ breakdown. Last year, when I told Hillary at one point in the spring that I couldn’t get it all done, she told me: Well, just get through this week, and then know this is the new normal. So there you go.
Also. I have started to make a race plan. First one of the year, a half-marathon, this weekend. We’ll see.
P.S. Tupac is OK. He just has this thing where his urethra gets blocked sometimes, and he had to get the blockage removed. We’re working on a long-term solution too, a prescription diet and stuff.