Things that were bad about my 20-miler yesterday:
- It was almost two weeks after it was supposed to be
- My toe did not feel great
- I got crazy blisters because I had to wear old shoes that make my toe at least feel ok
- Like, crazy blisters
- For two weeks left until CIM, it did not feel as good as I would have hoped
- In fact, it felt awful
- And, significantly slower than in previous training cycles
- My right hamstring and calf seized up so badly that, as soon as I stopped running, I could barely walk
- My toe feels even less great today after running around the high school cross-country sectional meet
Things were good about my 20-miler:
- It happened.
I’m pretty sure we’re going to chalk that up as a victory at this point, put our head down and hope it all comes together for CIM. Hopefully.