Courtenay’s been in town, so this morning (which starts at 9 a.m., not 6:30, Courtenay!) we did my favorite trail run loop. She kept saying that if we were going so late, it was going to be hot. I said, “It’s Marin,” ie. it doesn’t get that hot here. Then, she said the same thing to Steve later and he said, “It’s Marin.”
But, it was hot.
I haven’t run that far in over two months. It was fun, since we gossiped and took staged “running” photos. By the end, though, my legs were dead and I was making us stop at every water fountain because I couldn’t swallow — which was still not enough water fountains. Then, we went to Swirl and got frozen yogurt.
These are the things I usually do after a super hot/long run:
- Stop at the Quick N’ Easy and get an ice cream sandwich
- Stop at the Quick N’ Easy and just stand in the air conditioning
- Guzzle a water bottle and then feel slightly sick
- Lay on the road in the shade
- Lay on the floor of our condo
- Eat frozen fruit
- Stand in the water play structure at the playground and scare all the small children
- Become incomprehensible for the rest of the day and incapable of work, because my brain has become fried in the sun
The last one is the only guarantee.