These are some of the things people say to me while I’m running, including while I was doing hill repeats this morning very uncheerfully. There’s something to be learned about how often the same things are said over and over. We want to think we’re unique but we’re not.
- What are you doing, training for a marathon!? *hahaha*
- Whoa. Whoa. Slow down there.
- You scared me.
- You can do it! Keep it up!
- I wish I could run.
- How fast are you going?
- Are you on the track team?
- Getting a workout in aren’t you.
- Good for you.
- And, my personal favorite, when I was running up and down a section of hill: You’ll make it to the top next time.
It can’t be just me, but I would prefer if no one ever said anything to me while I was working out. Do the head nod. I can deal with that.